Creating an exceptional customer experience requires leaders with passion, employees with purpose and a systematic approach that delivers What’s Needed, On Time, With Value (WOW).
What’s Needed – On Time – With Value
What’s Needed: Correct item/service, No defects or errors, Accurate transaction/bill, right price-point
On Time: Product/service available, minimal wait time, easy transaction.
With Value: Connection, care and concern, unexpected surprise. Delight!
Providing a customer with What’s Needed is a customer expectation. When you deliver, it won’t satisfy or delight your customer. But not getting it right is a dissatisfier and a barrier to achieving service excellence.
Next, Deliver On Time. In today’s world when it only takes an instant to communicate, place an order, find information or reserve a hotel room, waiting in line for anything is a customer dissatisfier. No one tells a story about going to the store and having an efficient check-out but there are plenty of stories about when things don’t go well. On Time also means when promised.
Providing your customer What’s Needed and delivering On Time creates a foundation for exceptional service and can be achieved by:
- Defining your core business, products and services in terms of what’s important to the customer
- Reviewing metrics that describe your performance level in these areas to identify gaps in performance
- Applying continuous improvement tools to close gaps and eliminate dissatisfiers
- Constantly drawing on customer input to gauge your success and make adjustments accordingly
Delivering exceptional service starts with providing What’s Needed – One Time. If you Do it With Value then you are on your way to achieving customer delight.
What is value? It’s the emotional component of service excellence. It’s about how your customers feel.
- Do your customers believe you care about them and are interested in making sure their needs are met?
- Do your customers believe you are willing to put forth the effort to deliver the best experience possible?
- Did you connect with your customer and leave an emotional imprint?
- Did you provide them with an unexpected surprise that they will remember?
This can only be achieved when your organization has embraced a culture of service excellence and your company and employees truly care about customers. When that happens, delivering exceptional service is not what you do, it’s you are.
What’s needed – On time – With Value: Need help getting started? Contact Gianna.